Tuscan Meat Pies
Preparation time - 20-25 minutes
Cooking time - 25 minutes
Serves - 10
Beef or chicken thigh cubed
Grilled eggplant diced
Roasted red capsicum diced
Roasted green capsicum diced
MASTERFOODS Tuscan Meal Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Linking loaf or large muffin baking tray
- Cut meat into medium sized cubes, season with salt and pepper, now coat with some of the flour.
- Heat oil in a pot and carefully add the floured meat to the hot oil and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Push meat and onions to one side of the pot allowing the oil to pool on one side of the pot.
- Add the remaining flour to the oil and mix gently with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once the flour has absorbed the oil start to incorporate the flour mixture into the meat and onions.
- Add MasterFoods Moroccan Tagine Meal Sauce and mix thoroughly, add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spray baking tray with olive oil and gently work puff pastry into mould ensuring not to tear or break the pastry and leaving enough pastry at the top to join the top and bottom. Fill pastry 150g of cooled filling mixture.
- Make an egg wash. Using the egg wash seal top and bottom of each pie. With the remainder of the egg wash, brush the tops of the pies.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes.