Baileys Crème Brulee
Preparation 15 mins
Cooking 40 mins
- 1 MasterFoods® Vanilla Bean
- 750ml thickened cream
- 8 eggs, yolks only
- 250ml Baileys Irish cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- ½ tablespoon MasterFoods Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ cup castor sugar
Print this recipe
- Preheat oven to moderately slow.
- Split vanilla bean in half lengthways, then using a sharp knife, scrape seeds from bean. Reserve seeds. Combine bean and cream in a medium saucepan, heating until just before boiling point.
- Whisk egg yolks, castor sugar and vanilla seeds. Whisk in hot cream mixture, cinnamon and Baileys. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, without the base of the bowl touching the water double saucepan. Stir over heat for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the bean, place 6 x ½ cup ovenproof ramekin dishes in a baking dish. Pour the cream mixture in until level to the top, as they will shrink.
- Add enough boiling water to come ¾ of the way up the side of the dishes.
- Bake in a moderately slow oven for 20 minutes, or until custard is just set.
- Remove dishes from water, cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle each custard with 2 teaspoons of sifted icing sugar. Wipe the edges clean.
- Place under a hot grill until sugar has melted and is golden brown. Serve with fresh berries.