Baked Lemon Curd Tart
Preparation 30 mins
Cooking 1 hour
- 250g (2 cups) plain flour
- 125g icing sugar, sifted
- pinch salt
- 180g unsalted, butter, chilled and cubed
- 60ml iced water
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
Print this recipe
- Place the flour, icing sugar and salt into a bowl, mix well to combine.
- using cold & dry fingertips, rub the butter through until the mixture resembles dry breadcrumbs.
- Shape into a round, wrap in some plastic wrap & chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll lightly onto a floured surface until 3mm thick. Press into a greased 23cm tart pan. Using a fork prick the base. Chill again for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line the chilled pastry with baking paper, add some rice.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove weight bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden & crisp, cool.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a bowl whisk until just combined.
- Add cream, lemon & lime juice, whisk until just combined.
- Pour into cooled pastry shell. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Remove & cool.
- Dust with icing sugar, to serve.
For a twist add 1/4 teaspoon MasterFoods® Chilli Sprinkle at step 8.