Country Beef Pie
Preparation 10 mins
Cooking 45 mins
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 500g beef, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- melted butter
- 200g MasterFoods® Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Meal Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- I brown onion, diced
- 3 rashers bacon, rind removed and chopped
Print this recipe
- Preheat oven to 180deg.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook onion for 3 minutes until golden.
- Add bacon, carrot and celery and cook until vegetables start to soften. Add beef and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir through MasterFoods Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Meal Sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Cover with puff pastry sheet and brush with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until pastry has browned.
For individual pies, pour the mixture into 8 greased ramekins. Cut puff pastry into quarters. Cover ramekins and pierce pastry. Place on baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.