Prawn Ravioli in Seafood Bisque
Preparation 20 mins
Cooking 20 mins
- Ravioli: 12 Green prawns (Can use 1 Blue swimmer crab or 1/2 lobster if you are lucky enough to have one)
- 1 tsp of MasterFoods® Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp of MasterFoods Coriander Seeds (ground)
- 200ml Cream (can use light cream)
- 1 packet Gow Gee Wrappers (find me in the fridge section of the supermarket)
- Bisque: 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Shells and heads from the prawns
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic chopped
- 100ml Dry white wine
- 50ml Port
- 50 ml Brandy (can use sherry)
- 4 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp MasterFoods Thyme Leaves
- 1 MasterFoods Bay Leaf
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 80ml Cream
Print this recipe
- Shell the prawns and put the shells in a pan with the olive oil.
- Heat until golden, and add onion, carrot and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add alcohol and let reduce by half.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf and stock and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Run the bisque through a sieve and push down to make sure all the juices are gathered.
- Pour back into pan with the cream and reheat to serve.
- Process prawn meat, garlic, corainder and cream in a food processer until combined.
- Put a small teaspoon of the mix in the middle of the Gow Gee wrappers.
- Brush with water and seal with another wrapper (make sure there are no air bubbles!).
- Cook by placing in salted boiling water until they float (this will only take a few moments).
- Place Ravioli in each of your serving bowls and run the bisque over the top.